1 whole chicken breast (2 sides) from 4 lb chicken or equivalent
4 shallots, chopped
1 large Fuji apple, peeled, cored, chopped
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
2 TB butter
1 TB oil
4 TB flour
¼ Cup brandy or Calvados
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup milk
- Heat oil and melt butter in large skillet.
- Cut chicken into small square chunks. Lightly brown chicken in butter.
- Add shallot, stir to distribute evenly and wilt.
- Add apple pieces, stir to distribute evenly and wilt.
- Add mushrooms, cook until they start to give off their juices.
- Sprinkle flour over everything, stir well to incorporate and cook 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with brandy
- Slowly add chicken broth while stirring and bring back to boil to reduce.
- Add milk (use cream for extra richness) while stirring to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep warm over low flame until ready to stuff into a crepe.