I was still kinda hungry (had a fairly light early dinner) but didn’t want anything too heavy, so decided to make a fruit smoothie. Typically I make these during the day as a snack, but good for dessert or breakfast too. The fruits are of course variable, but this particular combination really worked well, so I’m going to record it.
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 10 oz package frozen organic strawberries
- 7 oz container plain unsweetened greek yogurt
- 5 pitted dates
- 7 pecan halves
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- rose water
- Add all ingredients to blender. Adjust amount of almond milk until desired consistency is reached (about 1 cup?). Go easy on the rose water, a small amount is plenty (about half a capful).
- Blend on high until light and frothy (start out on low to break up the chunks).
- serve in margarita glass, with a straw.
- While writing this, I think I figured out the reason this was the “Best Smoothie Evar” The yogurt was kinda old, and added a pleasant sour/fermented flavour, similar to buttermilk. Normally I make my own yogurt, will have to try leaving it out longer to get this effect.
- Another favourite fruit combo I love is mango and kiwi. But pretty much anything can go in, including apples (core but its ok to leave the skin), oranges, pineapple, grapes, berries, carrots, jalapenos, etc.