This is good with crackers, I would make this to serve at a party. Easy but with a hint of fanciness.
I loosely followed this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/hot-crab-dip-recipe.html
- 8 oz brick of Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 can crab meat
- 1 tsp spicy prepared mustard
- dry mustard powder
- old bay seasoning
- freshly ground pepper
- lemon juice
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce (more to taste)
- worcestershire sauce
- 2-4 oz cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt cheeses, add seasonings, heat until bubbly.
- Then stir in crab and lemon juice. Heat until bubbly again.
- Serve warm with wheat thins or other crackers, or over biscuits, or with warm flour or corn tortilla, or tortilla chips, or bread. Basically, anything that can be used to scoop up the sauce.
- Can be made in advance, just reheat in microwave and stir to even out the temperature.