Finally, a drink that can stand up to the vigors of industrial music. Upgrade your tasteless vodka drinks for one of these.
1 oz gin
1 oz makers mark bourbon
1 oz kraken dark spiced rum
1/2-3/4 oz absinthe
2 dash angostura bitters
2 dash orange bitters
1/2-1 tsp sugar
1. Chill a cocktail glass with ice water
2. Pour the sugar into the bottom of a cocktail shaker, add bitters and muddle.
3. Add the spirits, fill shaker with ice
4. Shake until well chilled, strain into pre-chilled glass
5. Optional: Garnish with a twist of lemon or orange peel
1. I used Tanqueray gin because that’s what I have, would be good with others as well
2. Use rye instead of bourbon for more of a Sazerac. I would also reduce the rum and absinthe to 1/2 oz ea and increase the rye to 1-1/2 oz.
3. I used 3/4 oz of absinthe, it’s not unpleasant but still quite strong, next time will reduce to 1/2 oz to get more balance of the flavours.
4. If using a martini glass coating the glass with dry vermouth would be a nice touch.