I haven’t made crepes in a long time, and didn’t have a lot of ingredients on hand, but managed to come up with an easy and tasty concoction.
- 1 can crabmeat (the cheap kind that looks like a large can of tuna, not the fancy fresh lump meat, although that would be fine too)
- pepper jelly
- pecorino romano or other firm cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
Prepare crepes (see below for recipe). Move to a plate. Slather lightly with pepper jelly. Add a spoonful of crabmeat. top with cheese and seasonings. fold sides in and roll up.
- 1/2 liter water
- 1/2 liter milk
- 2 eggs
- 300-400 grams of flour
- 1 TB. oil
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl with a whisk. Add milk and water. Mix. Add oil, and mix.
- Add flour, a little at a time, until it starts to thicken. Should still be pretty thin.
- Leave batter in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Put a very thin layer of batter in a warm non-stick pan, and swish it around until it covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cook on both sides, then serve a sauce of your choice on top and/or filling.
Note: Recipe makes a lot and can easily be halved.