Basically it’s an omelette with red and green decorations, wrapped in a tortilla, and enhanced with holiday cheer (aka avocado).
2 red Thai chilies
1 large scallion
1-2 tsp butter
1 large whole wheat flour tortilla
2 thin slices Amerikan cheez
1. Heat your preferred omelette making pan over medium low heat.
2. Chop the ham, thinly slice the chilies and scallion. Remove seeds from chilies to reduce heat if desired.
3. Melt butter in pan. Add meat and vegetables and cook for a minute to heat through. Meanwhile scramble the eggs.
4. Add the eggs to the pan, swirl around to coat evenly. Add cheese on top.
5. Warm up tortilla over direct flame of gas burner, or in microwave.
6. Fold omelette in half, flip, finish cooking on other side, then slide onto tortilla, top with sliced avocado, season with salt and pepper to taste, and roll up into burrito. Or just fold in half like a giant taco if there is too much filling.
1. The cool creaminess of the avocado helps balance the richness and sweetness of the ham, and sooth the heat from the chilies.
2. You could also add some finely diced red and green bell peppers, for extra colour and crunch. But not too much or you’ll end up with a boring Western omelette (which are not bad, just not the goal here).
3. This could probably serve two people, or at least be enough to fill two tortillas. Using a larger pan, this could easily be doubled to feed more people.