- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 TB cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups milk*
- pinch cinnamon
- dash cayenne
- dissolve cornstarch in hot water, add to saucepan over medium high heat.
- add sugar and cocoa to pan, and stir to dissolve
- slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps
- add banana and chocolate chips
- use an egg beater or stick blender to smooth out any lumps and airate
- increase heat and stir until barely simmering
- remove from heat and add butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and cayenne
- ladle into small bowls, allow to cool slightly, and serve topped with whipped cream
Takes less time than preparing pudding from a box, and tastes 10,000 better!
For best results, use the highest quality ingredients you can find, especially the cocoa, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
* I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but any kind will do. Adjust sugar accordingly.