Made a quick salad for dinner, only a few ingredients but the flavours work well together.
- One package baby spinach
- One package baby arugula
- One large orange
- One small red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 TB light miso
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 TB cider vinegar
- 1 piece of miso glazed ahi tuna (optional)
- Lightly wilt the greens in a large pan over medium high heat, preferably in a bit of bacon grease. Don’t over cook, just warm up a bit.
- Make the dressing in a large salad bowl: mix the ingredients well with a whisk to emulsify the oil
- Grate the Orange zest and ginger into the dressing. Or add to the greens when warming to take the edge off the rawness.
- Peel the orange and cut into bite sized chunks or thin slices.
- Toss well. Taste and adjust seasonings. If too mild, add a splash of rice vinegar and fish sauce.
- Slice warm tuna and add on top of salad.