I’ve made similar a thousand times, but this morning my eggs same out perfect.
- 2 eggs
- 1 poblano
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tortillas
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 TB salsa
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs , add a dollop of salsa, and whisk to incorporate.
- Cut the peppers into vertical strips, discarding stems, seeds, and membrane.
- Fry the pepper strips in hot oil until slightly limp and starting to brown around the edges. Skin should be blistered and peeling.
- Drain peppers on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- In a nonstick pan, melt the butter over low heat
- Add the eggs, tilt the pan to coat evenly. Add the shredded cheese and stir to scramble the eggs until barely set.
- Spoon the eggs onto a warm tortilla, top with pepper strips, and roll up.